Sunday, October 26, 2008

By the time we got to Woodstock...

This weekend, my dearest friends and I drove to Woodstock, where my bestie (Rebecca) is from. We stayed there with her mom and stepdad who are not only amazing artists, but local celebrities. Their home is warm and spacious and full of artwork and charm, and I am grateful that the anxieties I suffered as a teenager (and more recently) are no longer preventing me from being a part of weekend activities such as this.

Cory, Rebecca and I drove up on Friday afternoon after we got done with work and, although we sat in hours of traffic, had great tunes to listen to, good conversation, and each others company. That night after we'd arrived and settled in, we ate a home-cooked dinner with Lois and Hong Nian (Rebecca's mom and stepdad) -- pork chops with an apple and onion glaze, roasted medley of vegetables, green salad, and apple-berry pie for dessert. Needless to say we were sated.

The next morning the rest of our friends drove up and joined us. We met them in town and had an aMAZing breakfast then went back to the house for a relaxing afternoon of tv watching and pajama wearing.

Cory and I are back home now and recovering from all the rich foods we ate these last few days. Anyone have any Alka Seltzer? Thanks.

No comments: